Boogie Board Fun!

Hello crafty friends! Today's post is another scrap book page. As a Christmas gift, I was given a 3-month subscription to the Hip Kit Club! I was pretty excited about that and the first box arrived earlier in the week. It didn't take me long to start creating with it.



I don't know if you've ever considered a kit club, but Hip Kits are very good kits for the money in my estimation. This kit came with supplies that aren't available at most of the common stores yet and it's fun to use new things to wet your creative appetite. This kit came with the following supplies:



Hip Kit Club Member Price: $29.95


Products Included…

1 sheet Heidi Swapp – September Skies – Alpine Rose Paper…
1 sheet Amy Tangerine – Stitched – High Profile Paper
1 sheet Amy Tangerine – Stitched – Meadow Paper
1 sheet Amy Tangerine – Stitched – Hooked Paper
1 sheet Dear Lizzy Serendipity – Sugar Sugar Paper
1 sheet Dear Lizzy Serendipity – Good Vibes Paper
1 sheet Dear Lizzy Serendipity – Very Vanilla Paper
1 sheet Dear Lizzy Serendipity – Bright Blueberry Paper
1 sheet Dear Lizzy Serendipity – Hello Honey Paper
1 sheet Dear Lizzy Serendipity – Lucky Love Paper
1 package Dear Lizzy Serendipity – Gold Metallic Alphabet and Word Stickers
1 package Dear Lizzy Serendipity – Puffy Stickers
1 package Heidi Swapp – September Skies Ephemera
1 package Amy Tangerine – Plus One – Other Half Taffy Thickers
1 package Dear Lizzy Serendipity – Watercolor Die Cut Words
1 package Elle’s Studio – Hello 2015 – Die Cut Cork Shapes
2 exclusive flair buttons designed for HKC by A Flair for Buttons


So on to my project. I'm always about 2 years behind real time so now I'm working on 2012 mostly but also finishing up some random pages in 2010 and 2011 along with an occasional current year page. This photo of my son was one of my faves for the year. He was so enjoying boogie boarding on a Myrtle Beach, SC vacation. It was a new experience for him and he caught on to it right away. Everything I used here was from the January Hip Kit except for the three glitter brads and a crayola marker I used to spritz the two corners of the cloud paper with my Crayola Marker Airbrush. I altered one of the watercolor die cut words with blue glitter embossing powder as well. I was at first a little challenged with attaching the clear acetate words and arrows. I tried first the Xyron machine and that failed miserably because it showed through bad and looked dirty. So I cleaned all that adhesive off with Goo Gone and went to cutting mini-glue dots in half so they were small enough to fit behind the smallest printed elements. You can still see the glue if you look hard on some of them but that's ok. I was happy with the results. For the day phrase under Best Ever, I altered the actual word which was everyday. Don't ever be afraid to alter something to better fit your need like this.



Hope you enjoyed today's project. Until next time, happy crafting!


- Janet

Challenges:

Craftin Desert Divas Linky Challenge - Blue and White

Little Scrap Pieces - Anything Goes

DL Art January Linky Challenge

No comments